www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 26, 2005

There's always a silver lining

I find I have to remind myself that things have not been all bad (though I did neglect to mention the loss of one of my best friends this past year, Sutter.) Despite all that seems to have gone wrong this year, a lot has gone right.

1. After a long bedrest, and lots of worrying, my babies arrived healthy and at term, so they could go home with us.
2. Riley's cancer scare turned out to be a minor hematoma (bloodclot) that her body reabsorbed.
3. After his stint in the hospital, my brother appears to be ok.
4. My sister is battling her breast cancer with all she has, and at this moment her odds are very good.
5. My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary (now if that isn't an accomplishment, I don't know what is.)
6. I lost 50 lbs. (Have gained back 15 but hey, I'm still on the right side of that loss.)
7. Last, but most certainly not least, I have had wonderful support from my family and friends. Thanks to all of you who have been and continue to be there for me. I couldn't do it without you.
8. All the many good things that have happened that I simply can't list them all here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home