www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Welcome back to the 1830's

As much as I dislike Barbie, at least she always had a career in mind that was suppose to inspire young girls. (Yeah, I don't believe that either.) In any case, did we really need this? Sorry girls, you're only allowed to be pregnant, barefoot, and in the kitchen now. Forget those voting rights, women's lib, and the like. Now don't get me wrong. I cherish my role as a Mom, and I hope someday my girls will too, but there's so much more to life before then. Do we really need our children pretending they're pregnant?And what about the kids that don't have the pictured "Happy Family"? Does that make their family wrong? There is so much wrong with this product that I can't even scratch the surface.
This makes me want to write a letter.
Lest you think this is a hoax that I found on the internet, be assured this is a photo I snapped (see flash in upper right corner) in a toy store window. So not only is it being sold, but it's being promoted as one of the best, most desirable toys out there. Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home