www.flickr.com

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Science class

Today the girls had another installment of science class. They talked about eggs, and to the girls great delight they got to smash them, mix them, seperate them, all while trying to identify the different parts. At the end of class they got to make scrambled eggs that they could eat. That kind of creeped me out. I was always taught (and thought why does this need to be said) that you don't eat anything in science class. God knows what's growing in there. The girls enjoyed it though. At the end of the series they get to do the famous egg drop experiment where they each have to build something to put their eggs in so they don't break when dropped off the roof.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12 December, 2007 16:07, Blogger McJedi said...

Ah yes, I remember doing the egg drop thing in high school. My design failed miserably. *splut* But I do remember the design that won, if your little ones need any tips. ;-D

 
At 12 December, 2007 17:25, Blogger snarfdog said...

Oh yes. Tips would be greatly appreciated.

 
At 13 December, 2007 11:10, Blogger McJedi said...

I remember that the guy's solution was something like a slab of 3-inch-thick squishy foam, folded in half with the egg inside and some tape or string around it.

I have some 2" foam from an old cat bed, some of which might be usable...I'll bring it to the scrimmage tomorrow and will give it to you (if you're there) or Val's Crew if they wouldn't mind passing it along. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home