www.flickr.com

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

No boring week here...

Well, just when I thought life wasn't exciting. I should have known better than to tempt fate. Let me give you a short rundown of the last 30 or so hours.

The day (4/14) started out with us having to drive to our CPA's office to pick up our taxes because the ones she mailed never showed up. As we were leaving the house I tripped down the front step, heard a nasty sound, did the splits (and I'm not that limber) and landed on the ground. However I believe I protected the babies. So Bill helps me back in the house, we prop my foot up and put ice on it. (I'm convinced I probably sprained it.) I send Bill on his way to get the taxes which he will now have to bring back for me to sign, and then return to the accountant. While he's gone, the pain gets worse despite the Tylenol, elevation, and ice, so I call the OB and my primary care physician, exchanging a few phone calls with them. The OB tells me to go to the ER and have the ankle xrayed and then to L&D (Labor and Delivery) to have the babies monitored.

In the midst of these phone calls Bill calls back to tell me he was rear ended on the freeway and they are waiting for the police to show up and take a report. Apparently everyone was stopped on the off ramp including Bill and the guy behind him when a woman pulled up too fast, hit the guy behind Bill who proceeded to rear end Bill. However, that's not the end. As they are pulling off to the side to exchange information, the lady hits the other guy AGAIN. Bill was driving the Tahoe, so hardly any damage, but the other cars took quite a hit. The guy behind Bill hit the tow bumper which lifted and creased/crumpled his hood. After all is said and done, Bill makes it successfully to the CPA's office,retrieves the tax papers, and heads home.

Upon arrival, he takes me to the ER where they declare my ankle is broken, so they splint it, and send me off to L&D. At L&D, they tell me they will probably only monitor me for a few hours, 4 max. LIARS!! After hemming and hawing, they finally admitted they were keeping me over night (this was at 2:30 A.M. when I had already been there for about 7 hours.) They were surprised I caught on to their game. As it turns out I started contracting after the accident, so they wanted to super hydrate me with IV fluids to see if it would help stop the contractions. Well, as they hung the 2nd bag, I noticed they were running it at a rate that would take 8 hours to infuse (this was about 11:30 P.M.) When I asked about it, they hemmed and hawed some more until they could excape the room. In any case, they kept me on L&D until 3:00 P.M. and then shipped me off to Antepartum (where high risk moms go to be monitored and hopefully prevent labor in order to get them as close to their due date as humanly possible.) Anyway, we were told I was going to have to stay another night, but then at the last minute, they decided to send me home which is where I am now. Thank goodness.

So much for a boring life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home